Moline Organ Company
Unfortunately, this is just about all the information that’s survived the
passing of time on the Moline Organ Co.
The company started as Peter Colseth & Co. (also Kolseth) in Moline, IL from
1877-81, located at 630 Railroad Ave.; then Moline Cabinet Organ Co. 1881-88, corner of Illinois & Division
1882-85, then 4th Ave. & 7th St.
Then 1885; the name changed to Moline Organ Co., also known as Peterson, Thulin & Co. 1888-94;
then Moline Organ & Piano Co. 1894-99; then J. Peterson & Co. 1899 until at least 1920; often referred
to as the Swedish Organ Co. because of its orientation toward the Swedish-American market.
For more information click on the "home" tab above