D. W. Karn Organ Co. Ltd.
Unfortunately, this is just about all the information that’s survived the
passing of time on the D. W. Karn Organ Co. Ltd.
They were located at 532 Dundas St., Woodstock, Ontario and were established in
1867 when Dennis W. Karn joined John M. Miller, forming Miller & Karn, also known as the Woodstock Organ
Karn bought out Miller in 1870 but retained the Miller & Karn name for several years before
changing it to D.W. Karn Co. Exhibited in Barcelona, Spain in 1888. Acquired the S.R. Warren & Son organ
factory of Toronto in 1896, and in 1909 became the Karn Morris Piano & Organ Co. In the early 1920s the
company went through several changes of ownership ending in bankruptcy.
The assets were acquired by Sherlock-Manning in 1924. Officers in 1906: D.W. Karn, president; T.
Drew Smith, secretary-treasurer;
Serial numbers: 1886 - 15887, 1890 - 24098, 1890 - 25367, 1891 - 28025, 1900 - 46154.
For more information click on the "home" tab above